Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Feelin' Groovy

I have nothing profound to say today, nothing that's been bubbling beneath the surface waiting for the moment I can sit down at the computer and let it all out, nothing of any consequence whatsoever, and it feels great.

And it's all thanks to you.

The last two days have been dramatically different than the few that had proceeded it. I feel peaceful, happy, and more like myself than I have in a long time.

There's only one explanation, and that is God answers prayers. I cannot begin to tell all of you how grateful I am for the emails and comments that have been gracing my Inbox in the last 48 hours, packed full of words of encouragement, Scripture, empathy, support, love, and most meaningful, the promise to lift me and my family up to the throne. I am humbled by the care you continue to show for me.

So thank you. Thank you for your help in bringing me to this place of calm. Thank you for using your precious time in the presence of our Lord to speak my name before Him. Thank you for trusting that He hears you, and in response will tend to me and those around me. We serve an amazing God, one who promises to love those whom we love in His name. Thank you for loving me enough to entrust me to Him, there is no place I'd rather be.

As I sit here today, pondering the undeserved gift of all of you in my life, I wish there was a way for me to thank you individually, and in person. For now, just know how grateful I am for each and every one of you. You have allowed the Lord to use You in wonderful ways, and I am reaping the rewards. You guys are awesome.

I end this post with warmth in my heart, and a renewed sense of the Lord's presence in my life. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for this incomparable gift.

Dear Lord in heaven,

I pray this day overwhelmed by the compassion of these people who surround me in times of need out of their love for You. You have such good people down here, Lord, You must be so proud when You see them sacrificing their time and energy to go to battle for another one of Your own.

Thank You for blessing me with these friends and confidantes. If I may, Lord, I ask that You bless them today in some way, large or small, as a way for me to say thank you to them. Let them see a glimpse of You so they, too, can be reminded of what a great and loving God we serve. You are like no other, and they have chosen to recognize and put their faith in this, trusting that You are a God who listens and responds.

I ask you to love and bless them a little extra today, as they have so graciously and willingly done for me.

In Your Name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment