Sunday, June 14, 2009

Low Battery

Dear Friends,
I just wanted to address the few of you who have recently commented that I no longer update this site as much as I used to, and also those who have possibly noticed as well and wondered why.

I want to assure you that it's not that I don't think about doing it, as quite often throughout my day different topics or ideas come into my head that I get excited about sharing with you. And it's not that I don't want to do it, as my desire to write down the happenings in my life and the different ways God is revealing Himself to me has never been stronger. It's just that I am simply too tired to do much of anything these days other than the bare minimum of what is required of me.

I think with summer finally upon us (finally!), my girl's wanting to spend every waking moment outdoors, with trying to prepare for our next baby, not sleeping well, and being eight months pregnant I am zapped of any extra energy I would normally have. It sounds terrible, but lately when my daughters go to bed instead of delving into my devotions and trying to listen to what God wants to say to me I plop down on the couch, hope my husband will take pity on me and bring me a snack, and pick up the closest magazine. (Or, if it's the appropriate night, turn on my all time favorite TV show, "So You Think You Can Dance". No judging, please!)

This does make me sad, as I can feel the toll this new lazy, tapped out lifestyle of mine is having on my relationship with Christ. I tell myself that He'll understand, that He knows how tired I am, but even I can see right through that flimsy excuse to the heart of the issue.

Even with all the outside influences going on in my life, I still need to keep my priorities straight. Namely, He comes first, and everything else (even incredibly awesome reality dance show competitions) should come in a distant second.
So, I'm going to try. I'm going to try to put my priorities back in order, with Him at the very top where He deserves to be. I don't know how regularly over the next six weeks before Baby Alberda #3 decides to make his/her appearance I'll be able to update this site, although rest assured with all the emotions I have regarding Father's Day and the birth of our baby approaching you will probably still have ample time to get sick of me, but I promise to do my best. Like I said, the desire is there, it's just sometimes the energy is not.

Please stick with me, continue to send me emails with prayer requests, and know that at the end of the day this site still belongs to the Lord and if He wants me to share something on it, I will obey. And any prayers for me for increased liveliness and pep over the next six weeks would be greatly appreciated!

Much love,
Susan

Dear Lord in heaven,
I pray this day a little overwhelmed both physically and mentally. There seems to be alot of things pressing in on me from all sides, and often times I want to escape it all, and just rest.

You are a God who controls all, Lord, help me to find my rest in that only. When I am tired, when I am weary, when it is the end of the day and all I want to do is sit down with my feet up and my brain switched off, give me the desire to instead get on my knees with my head bowed and turn everything over to You. I never want to be so caught up in my everyday happenings that I forget that You should be in the center of it all, and recognized and praised for wanting to be there.

You have blessed me, Lord. Everything in my life that wears me out are all wonderful gifts from You. You have given me a roof over my head, steady work to go to, a wonderful family to tend to, and even a crazy dog to give me some comedic relief. You have been good to me. Help me to view all these things which surround me as the blessings You intended them to be when You brought them into my life.

Give me strength, Lord, and give me the endurance I need to be the godly woman You have called me to be.

I love You, Lord.

In Your Name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment